Thursday, March 20, 2008

The Future Has Let Us Down

Tom Hodgkins writes in "The Freedom Manifesto":

"But I don't think about the future; I think about the present. The future is a capitalist construct. The past teaches us that the future has let us down many, many times.".

Now I don't agree with Hodgkin's entire philosophy. In fact, there are many, many points I would gladly sit in a pub, over a few pints, and gleefully argue, however there is a great deal that I have learned in reading this, his latest book.

I would suggest reading through "The Freedom Manifest", but keep your feet firmly upon the ground while doing so and ensure the clouds are above your head.

But wonder. Just wonder... What would life be like if I convinced myself that I can do what I really want to do? I only need realize that The Matrix has me. ;-)

"The past teaches us that the future has let us down many, many times."

No comments: