Thursday, March 20, 2008

Rat Race


Rat Race
Originally uploaded by Lady Libertine
I wanna quit the race.

I want off the merry-go-round.

I want outta the game.

So, what's it gonna take? A small farm house in the country with a garden and a few animals? Growing my own vegetables, slaughtering my own beef and pork? Growing my own hops & grain and brewing my own beer? Can it be done? Am I capable? Can I handle it?

What are the alternatives?

Where else is there to go?

How much more money do I need to give to my government to squander on projects I don't care about, to support causes I object to give to people who are just too damn lazy to work for themselves?

How many more hours should I devote to a job I hate? How many more days, weeks, years?

When does the madness stop and what, please tell me, can I do about it?

No comments: